Current version: 0.1.1 Beta
Download x86: Shadow-Mapper x86 (2789 downloads)
Download x64: Shadow-Mapper x64 (3947 downloads)
Download Batch file pack: Shadow-Mapper batch file pack (2601 downloads)
If a version doesnt work try the other one.
Source: Shadow-Mapper on GitHub
You can post Comments/Requests/Bug Reports/etc in this topic!
NOTE: This is a public beta, and as such it is crucial that you backup all files that you are going to edit with Shadow Mapper! I wont be held responsible for any loss of files that may result due to use of Shadow Mapper.
– You need to have Java installed
– You need Java(TM) Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files 6, you can download this from:
– Version 1.0, 1.0.1, 1.0.2, 1.0.3, 1.0.4, 22.214.171.124 of GTAIV.exe
– Download Java(TM) Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files 6 (Read Requirements)
– Copy the local_policy.jar and US_export_policy.jar to the “Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\security” folder (default)
– Go to your GTA IV folder and make sure “read only” is ticked off
– You can now start Shadow-Mapper.exe
– The select install screen will show up
– Click “Add Install” to add the IV installation you want to mod
– Now browse to your IV folder you want to mod and select the GTAIV.exe
– Give it a name
– Select it and click “Select”
– You can now edit the map
– ZModeler models dont show up
– Selecting water doesnt work properly sometimes
– Selecting cars doesnt work properly sometimes
– No collisions
– Resizing the window doesnt work so dont do it
– Some DXT5 rendering issues
– Alpha rendering issues
-Added two previewable types to the Resource Manager
-Added error message when JCE is not installed
-Rendering should work a little better
-Initial beta release
A very special thanks to (in alphabetical order):
Aru, Cool Fire, DeXx, Gforce, JostVice, Paroxum, REspawn, supermortalhuman, Tim (and everyone I forgot)
who have been invaluable in the research of game code/file formats which made this program possible.
This program is provided “as-is” without any implied warranty or support.
Use of modified files during online play may result in being banned.
Use at your own risk!
Please dont reupload this to your website. Link to this forum topic or my website instead. This tool is still a WIP and there are many many more updates/fixes to come.